Saturday, March 5, 2016

White Cat (Curse Workers #1) by Holly Black





Cassel comes from a shady, magical family if con artist and grifters. He doesn't fit in at home or at school, so he's used to feeling like an outsider. He's also used to feeling guilty; he killed his best friend, Lila, years ago.
But when Cassel begins to have strange dreams about a white cat, and people around him are losing their memories, he start to wonder what really happened to Lila. In his search for answer, he discovers a wicked plot for power that seems certain to succeed. But Cassel has other ideas and a plan to con the conmen.



Rating : 4/5

Review

At first, the story doesn't really excite me. It's boring life story of a troubled teen who cope with being nonmagical person in a magical family. It's weird feeling reading it. But half way through the book the story gets interesting. The plot twist successfully entertain me. I never would've guessed that his brothers are bad guys.

I found a few thing bothering me though. I can't understand why his brother could be so evil to him. I thought family means everything to them, but it's not. Turning your little brother to be a killing machines without hin even knowing is really bad. And all that for money? I also would want to know more about Maura and the song she heard, what's that all about? Why is she leaving Philip? And Baron, he was supposed to be the good brother but he's even more heartless. 

Other that that I really enjoy this book. The mystery keep me guessing through the pages and I really didn't see that coming by the end. It's really exciting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment