Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Fallen Star (Fallen Star Series, Book 1) by Jessica Sorensen




For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she's around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real -life.
But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma's life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn't be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death.




Rating : 3/5

Review

It's not great but it's good enough. The overall story was good, but I found that most of the characters have weak personality. Like Alex, I just can't understand his emotion. Gemma supposed to be the one with roller coaster emotion, but I found that Alex also difficult to understand.

The other characters also appear to be just a cameo most of the time and had nothing interesting about their back story or personality. I would like to know more of the talent/ability more than just that they are special kind of people. I also think Gemma should be more than damsel in distress with hidden super power. I hate that she's just the weak cowardy one that always runaway or hide everytime troubles are coming.

I enjoy the story, but not so much with the characters detail. Maybe there will be more about it in second book, who knows. I might buy the sequel if I found one, but certainly not going to look for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment