Sunday, February 28, 2016

Ancient Guardian The Legacy of the Key (Ancient Guardian Series : Book 1) by S. L. Morgan




Young and capable college student, Reece Bryant, lives a quite existence. After her father passes away and his estate is settled, she focuses on medical school within the company of a small circle of friends. Unbeknownst to her, Levi Oxley, equally as capable, is tasked with the enormous responsibility of her safeguarding. When he and Reece lock gazes during his surveillance, it's an event that forever changes both of their futures.
Life takes a drastic turns when Reece is pulled into Levi's domain, Pemdas, through a hidden vortex. She finds herself in an enchanted land much like earth, but discovers getting back home is a complicated matter. After learning her very existence is paramount to the delicate balance of the universe's order, she must now wait in this dimension with the Guardians who have been sworn to protect her, until it is safe for her to return to her life on Earth.
Nothing could be worse - Reece is a guest in a seventeenth century-like world and not everyone is happy she's there. Though every need is met while Reece is in the comfort of the emperor's palace, she's constantly being reminded she's an outsider. If that wasn't bad enough, she's fallen in love with Levi and now her life is...

Rating : 3/5

Review

When I read the title I was kinda think that this book will full of action. Yet I got a romance story. From the begining of the book untuil the end, I didn't get excited by the story. It's pure romance story from the start. If you like romance then you'll love this book.

The description of their love struck actions are very nice. I like how Morgan made Levi as the gentleman that would make every reader wonder if they could find someone like that. You can guess that Reece and Levi falling in love with each other but, Morgan sure keeping us guessing with their action.

I would love if the author give more story for Harrison. He is the fun one and I was hoping for something more than just a side kick. Overall story seems like a journal of Reece's everyday activity in the palace. I find some part boring and I need to read more than once to really get back to the story line because I get too lost in the romance detail.

It's also disappointing when the enemy seem to be doing nothing to get the key. I'm not really satisfy with how the plot goes. I find some missing story to tie some event and even the main antagonist character appears to be a lot like a cameo. It's not giving me that umph vibe. Like I said, if like romance than this is the book for you. But if you're like me who like a little bit of tense while reading, then it might just bored you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment