Sunday, November 16, 2014

Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons #1) by Sarra Cannon





Harper Madison isn't like other girls. She has extraordinary powers, but her inability to control them has gotten her kicked from so many foster homes she's lost count. Shadowford Home is her last chance, and she hopes Peachville High will be the fresh start she needs. But when evidence ties her to the gruesome murder of a Demons cheerleader, Harper discovers this small town has big secret.


Rating : 2/5

Review

I enjoy reading this book, the mystery is thrilling, but I found lots of missing pieces in the story. Trouble orphan girl with supernatural ability that has been shipped from one foster home to another, and end up in the one home with all the mystery about her birth mother. I enjoy the plot twist that keeping me guessing about the murder case. I did't expect that her bestfriend is the crazy one.


The main character, I hate when she keep forgetting important event that could lead her to solve the whole mystery. The author make her so weak and shallow with that forgetting magic thingy. I would've like her more if she stick to her strong independent self who doesn't need to be a popular cheerleader who date the quarterback to be happy, but the author didn't think so. Harper make me wants to yell at her all the time.

The author didn't explain why the main character keep forget things and what was the magic for. She also didn't tell much about "the old law" that Jackson talk about. And there's just not enough detail about her birth mother. The thing that I hate most is the book ends when the event just starting to shape up.

Definitely not gonna read the sequel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment